CBOM is administered by AAIFM (The American Association for Investment and Financial Management); one of the most renowned associations for financial management, bank management and investment in the United States. By earning CBOM candidates demonstrate that they have mastered the bank management body of knowledge, obtained the skills of bank operations management, and committed to AAIFM core values and code of ethics. Earning your CBOM designation not only broadens your skill set, it demonstrates a standardized level of industry knowledge, making you a recognized leader in bank management.
CBOM Certification Preparation
If you are studying in order to prepare for the CBOM exam; AAIFM provides candidates with training sessions for many of the exam questions. AAIFM also provide thorough training for the exam modules using its learning system through authorized training providers and prometric centers worldwide.
AAIFM CBOM Recertification
Once you have passed the CBOM exam and received your certification, you will need to stay up to date on developments in bank management practices. To prove you have maintained and updated your bank management knowledge and skills, AAIFM requires that you recertify every 4 years. (please refer to recertification for more info)
- A passing score on the CBOM Examination.
- Bachelor Degree in any field and;
- A minimum of two years experience in any related banking area (bank management, finance, operations, retail…).
The CBOM (Certified Banking Operations) examination is a 3-hour exam, multiple essays and case study questions (2-4 cases). The exam is given in booklet form.
- Introduction to Banking and Financial Services
- Financial Statements and Financial Firm Performance
- Tools for Managing and Hedging against Risk
- Managing Investment Portfolios and Liquidity Positions for Financial Firms
- Managing Sources of Funds for a Financial Firm
- Providing Loans to Businesses and Consumers
- Managing the Future in a Global Marketplace
Please e-mail us at email@example.com for any other inquiries. For international candidates; please contact our authorized representatives in your region.